Opposition to extending the Observation Wheel presence in Golden Gate Park
- March 3, 2021 The Historic Preservation Commission approved a 4-year extension for The Wheel in Golden Gate Park. But the final decision now rests with the SF Board of Supervisors, who will vote on a resolution for a one-year extension next Tuesday, March 9. More here.
- SFUN detailed opposition to The Wheel extension
- Document — SFUN – Argument against Observation Wheel remaining in GGP Music Concourse 2-9-21
- In the news:
Golden Gate Park wheel wins extension, but for how long?
Joshua Sabatini, SF Examiner, 3/3/21
Supes call for investigation of Ferris Wheel money
Tim Redmond, 48 hills, 2/23/21
Rec and Park Commission approves extension of SkyStar Wheel permit despite environmental concerns
Joshua Sabatini, SF Examiner, 2/18/21
Opposition forces postponement of vote on SkyStar WheelGolden Gate Park Ferris Wheel’s Future Uncertain
Joshua Sabatini, SF Examiner, 2/17/21
NBC TV News, 2/15/21
Opponents decry plan to keep Ferris wheel in Golden Gate Park for 4 more years
Sam Whiting, San Francisco Chronicle, Feb 14, 2021
- OPINION: The Ferris wheel must go
by Ann McPherson, David Romano, Linda Shaffer, and Steph Wiseman, 48hills February 15, 2021
- Video — Historic Preservation Commission (HPC) in January 2020 said one year for wheel OK but no extensions! On March 3, 2021, they will once again consider a request from RecPark for a 4-year extension.